What are the harms of eating with plastic bowls? Is plastic bowls poisonous?


What are the harms of eating with plastic bowls? Is pla […]

What are the harms of eating with plastic bowls? Is plastic bowls poisonous?

In recent years, plastic tableware products have become more and more popular. Plastic tableware has a smooth texture and a ceramic feel. Generally, it will not decompose, but plastic tableware contains many chemical components, which are likely to be harmful to the human body.

Recently, some people on the Internet have always suggested that our commonly used plastic bowls are poisonous. The following editor will give you a detailed explanation on the topic of whether plastic bowls are poisonous.

What's the harm in eating with plastic bowls

Long-term use of plastic bowls is harmful to the body. Plasticizers are often added to plastics, which contain some toxic chemicals. When plastic bowls are used to fill hot or boiled water, the toxic chemicals are easily diluted into the water. There are many pores in the internal microstructure of plastics, and dirt is hidden in them, and bacteria can easily breed if it is not cleaned. Suggestions: When purchasing a plastic bowl, be sure to choose a cup made of food-grade plastic that meets national standards. Among bowls of all materials, glass bowls are the healthiest. The glass surface is smooth and easy to clean. Bacteria and dirt are not easy to breed on the walls of the cup. So people use glass bowls to be the healthiest and safest.

Are plastic bowls poisonous?

Regarding the statement "Is plastic bowls poisonous?" Internet surveys found that 99% of netizens believe that they are poisonous and are very harmful to the body; only 1% of netizens believe that they are non-toxic, and all edible items have been tested for non-toxicity. So what is the truth? An investigation report from the Consumer Council of Hong Kong said: Nearly 30% of microwave-heatable tableware is toxic. They will release a chemical substance called plasticizer during overheating. This substance can damage the endocrine system of the human body, and long-term intake of plasticizers can also damage the liver and kidneys of the human body, as well as affect the development and growth of children.

Use of plastic bowls

Not all plastic products can be put directly into the microwave oven. They must be special plastic products for microwave ovens. Generally, there are signs on the bottom of the packaging and utensils. However, it is best not to use such plastic utensils to heat too greasy food, which will cause the utensils to age or even Damage; general plastic products must not be directly put into the microwave oven; but it is best to use ceramic products or special glass products as much as possible, which is environmentally friendly and not easy to age. Avoid placing ordinary plastic containers in a microwave oven for heating: first, hot food will deform the container, and second, ordinary plastic will release toxic substances, contaminate food, and endanger human health.

Plastic bowl to taste

1. Milk deodorization method: first clean it with detergent, then pour two soups of key fresh milk into the plastic bowl, close the lid, shake, make every corner of the bowl contact with the milk, about one minute, and finally pour Drain the milk and clean the bowl. 2. Orange peel deodorization method: first clean it with detergent, then put the fresh orange peel into a bowl, cover the lid, and let it rinse for about 3 to 4 hours. 3. Use waste tea leaves to deodorize. If there is a fishy smell in the bowl, first scrub with waste tea leaves and then rinse with water to remove the fishy smell. . 4. Soak in salt water for 30 minutes. . If none of the above methods can remove the peculiar smell of the plastic bowl, and if the hot water is poured into the bowl, the bowl emits a strong pungent odor, then consider not using this bowl. Maybe the plastic material of the bowl is not good. Using it may be harmful to your health. It is safer to give it up and change another bowl.

What material should I use to make a plastic bowl?

Use PP material, because PP material is low cost, easy to shape, tasteless and non-toxic, (there is also a kind of PP material called food grade, which is used to make food containers). And PP material has many excellent characteristics, such as ; High temperature resistance, excellent weather resistance, good toughness, etc. PP is a non-polar compound, very stable to polar solvents, such as alcohols, phenols, aldehydes, ketones and most carboxylic acids will not swell.

Not only plastic bowls, some plastic tableware, plastic tapes and other plastic products, we should try to avoid using them to come into contact with food, so for the sake of our health, we should use plastic bowls as little as possible in daily life and use glass bowls as much as possible. .